Notable blog posts, articles and happenings on the web:
- Joel Friedlander wrote up an inspiring blog post at his Book Designer blog. Read ‘The Profit in Persistence‘, to get the “Rocky Balboa” in you to wake up and start blogging.
- The Justice Department jumped directly into the fight over the future of digital books on Wednesday — and Amazon came out the winner.
- And our friend at Author Marketing Experts, Penny Sansevieri blogged about The Power of a Pin: Why Pinterest Is a Game Changer.
- Barnes and Noble continues to burn money in an effort to catch up with Amazon by coming out with a new Nook that lets users read in the dark.
- The Hunger Games Fan Festival went live on Freado with over 30 Hunger Games prizes to be won between April 10th and 30th.