Notable blog posts, articles and happenings on the web:
- Beverly Akerman has written an inspiring and instructive article about how to become an ebook sensation in the Globe and Mail.
- Scott Turow, president of the Author’s Guild went on CBC News and discussed Amazon’s strategy of selling bestselling e-books at a loss to tie-up a 90% share of the e-book market. This 8 minute video is worth watching to get a handle on the kind of threat that Amazon poses to the future of the publishing industry.
- Chris Robley wrote a great blog post providing tips to authors about using Pinterest to effectively market their books.
- Steve Piacante recounted his experience spending $2,000 at Book Expo America (does not offer information about the results of the investment though)
- Lin Lacombe has done a useful guest piece on Joel Friedlander’s blog about how to shine if you ever get a chance to be on a radio interview. Her ideas would work well in a podcast interview situation also.
- The Hunger Games Fan Festival entered the last week and is scheduled to end on April 30th.
- The number of subscribed authors on BookBuzzr reached 8,000!