In an effort to understand Children’s Book Authors, their inspirations, their writing process, their needs, their problems,… we reached out to Donna Maguire, author of the Silly Willy Winston series who after close to 40 years in the advertising business Donna left it behind to care for her grand niece and nephew in Nevada some years ago.
Donna believes that the love for reading is more nurture than nature and reads to her grand children often. It was this reading that led her to pursue her life-long passion of writing children’s books. A collection of 4 books and fifth in the making, Donna joined me for my first ever video interview. I’m so exited it turned out so well. :)
In the interview Donna answers my questions about –
- her journey to becoming an author
- her inspirations, her muse, her learnings
- the challenges she has faced and what she did about them
- marketing activities she has done and her learnings
- why she has her own online store for her books & her favourite tools for book marketing
- her plans for the next book launch and the Silly Willy Winston Review Club
Apart from being the Community Engagement Manager at BookBuzzr, Freya is an Incurable Drama Queen, Mind-Vagabond, OCDed Control Freak, Innate Traveller, Proud-Softie Dog Mama, Insatiable Reader and Irregular Blogger. She lives in Bangalore, India with her family of six dogs and a husband.
Connect with Freya on twitter @freya3377 or her blog Life as Freya.