Notable blog posts, articles and happenings on the web:
- Beverly Akerman has written an inspiring and instructive article about how to become an ebook sensation in the Globe and Mail.
- Scott Turow, president of the Author’s Guild went on CBC News and discussed Amazon’s strategy of selling bestselling e-books at a loss to tie-up a 90% share of the e-book market. This 8 minute video is worth watching to get a handle on the kind of threat that Amazon poses to the future of the publishing industry.
- Chris Robley wrote a great blog post providing tips to authors about using Pinterest to effectively market their books.
- Steve Piacante recounted his experience spending $2,000 at Book Expo America (does not offer information about the results of the investment though)
- Lin Lacombe has done a useful guest piece on Joel Friedlander’s blog about how to shine if you ever get a chance to be on a radio interview. Her ideas would work well in a podcast interview situation also.
- The Hunger Games Fan Festival entered the last week and is scheduled to end on April 30th.
- The number of subscribed authors on BookBuzzr reached 8,000!
Vikram Narayan is the founder of BookBuzzr Book Marketing Technologies. (Twitter – @bookbuzzr ) Vikram is a graduate from Carnegie Mellon University. Prior to starting BookBuzzr, Vikram founded another software company that has been successfully serving clients from all over the world since 2001. When he is not dreaming up ways to help authors accelerate their earnings and book sales, Vikram spends his time playing the guitar, practicing Aikido and spending time with his family.